Last Updated: December 9, 2019
1 - Introduction
3 - Information We Collect
• Registration Information. When you sign up for a READY2TEACH account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number. If you decide to sign up for READY2TEACH using your Facebook account, we will also get basic information from your Facebook profile like your name, gender, profile photo, and Facebook friends.
• User Profile Information. When you join the READY2TEACH community, you can create a READY2TEACH Profile to share fun facts about yourself, and discover mutual friends and interests. Filling out a profile is optional, and you can share as little or as much as you want. Your name (and for Teachers and tutors, Profile photos) is always part of your Profile. Read more below about how you can control who sees your Profile. You can also add a Business Profile to your account, which requires a designated business email address and payment method.
• Payment Method. When you add a credit card or payment method to your READY2TEACH account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
• Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
• Teacher Application Information. If you decide to join our READY2TEACH driver community, in addition to the basic registration information we ask you for your date of birth, physical address, Social Security number, teacher certification or licensure information, and in some jurisdictions we may collect additional business license or permitting information. We share this information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Teachers and tutors to help protect the READY2TEACH community.
• Payment Information.To make sure Teachers and tutors get paid, we keep information about Teachers and tutors’ bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Teachers and tutors.
• Location Information. READY2TEACH is all about connecting Teachers and tutors and Schools and students. To do this, we need to know where you are. When you open READY2TEACH on your mobile device, we receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. If you label certain locations, such as “home” and “work,” we receive that information, too.
Your location information is necessary for things like matching Schools and students with nearby Teachers and tutors, determining drop
off and pick up locations, and suggesting destinations based on previous trips. Also, if the need ever arises, our Trust &
Safety team may use and share location information to help protect the safety of READY2TEACH Users or a member of the public. In addition to the reasons described above, Teachers and tutors’ location information and distance travelled is necessary for calculating charges and insurance for READY2TEACH services. If you give us permission through your device settings or READY2TEACH app, we may collect your location while the app is off to identify promotions or service updates in your area
• Device Information. READY2TEACH receives information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens, and, if you register with your Facebook account, your Facebook identifier. We collect mobile sensor data from Teachers and tutors’ devices (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration or deceleration) to improve location accuracy and analyze usage patterns.
• Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the READY2TEACH Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the READY2TEACH Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the READY2TEACH app, and the dates and times of your visits.
• Call and Text Information. We work with a third party partner to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Users who have been connected for a service. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages. For security purposes, we may also monitor and/or record the contents of phone calls made on the READY2TEACH Platform, such as those between Users. You will be given notice that your call may be recorded, and by proceeding you agree to allow READY2TEACH to monitor and/or record your call.
• User Feedback. At READY2TEACH, we want to make sure Users are always enjoying great services. Users may rate and review each other at the end of every service. We receive information about ratings and reviews and, as we explain below, give Schools and students information about Teachers and tutors’ ratings and reviews and vice versa.
• Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the READY2TEACH Platform and interact with READY2TEACH advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the READY2TEACH Platform. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of the READY2TEACH Platform.
• Third Party Services. If you choose to register for READY2TEACH or otherwise link your READY2TEACH account with a third party’s service (such as Facebook), we may receive the same type of information we collect from you (described above) directly from those services.
• Third Party Partners. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you.
• Enterprise Programs. If your school, university, or organization participates in one of our enterprise programs such as READY2TEACH for Work, we may receive information about you, such as your email address, from your participating organization. We also may give your participating organization the opportunity to request a service on your behalf, in which case they may provide us with your name, phone number, and the pickup and drop off location for your service.
• Background Information on Teachers and tutors. READY2TEACH works with third party partners to perform driving record and criminal background checks on Teachers and tutors, and we receive information from them such as publicly available information about a Driver’s driving record or criminal history.
4 - How We Use the Information We Collect
• Connect Schools and students with Teachers and tutors;
• Provide, improve, expand, and promote the READY2TEACH Platform;
• Analyze how the READY2TEACH community uses the READY2TEACH Platform;
• Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
• Personalize the READY2TEACH experience for you and your friends and contacts;
• Send you text messages and push notifications;
• Facilitate transactions and payments;
• Provide you with customer support;
• Find and prevent fraud; and
• Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Users, and requests from government authorities.
• Additionally, we use the information we collect from Teachers and tutors for the following purposes related to driving on the READY2TEACH Platform:
• Sending emails and text messages to Teachers and tutors who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application;
• Determining a Driver’s eligibility to drive for READY2TEACH
• Notifying Teachers and tutors about service demand, pricing and service updates; and
• Calculating and providing READY2TEACH’s auto insurance policy and analyzing usage patterns for safety and insurance purposes.
5 - How We Share the Information We Collect
• Sharing between Users. Users that have been matched for a service are able to see basic information about each other, such as names, photo, ratings, and any information they have added to their Profiles. Users who connect their READY2TEACH accounts to Facebook will also be able to see their mutual Facebook friends during the service. Teachers and tutors see the “teach-up” location that the Servicer has provided. Schools and students see a Driver’s vehicle information and real-time location as the Driver approaches the “teach-up” location. Schools and students’ ratings of Teachers and tutors are shared with Teachers and tutors on a weekly basis. We de-identify the ratings and feedback, but we can’t rule out that a driver may be able to identify the Servicer that provided the rating or feedback.
Although we help Users communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other Users. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Servicer or Driver, including sharing actual contact information with your permission.
• Sharing between READY2TEACH Line Schools and students. If you use READY2TEACH Line, Schools and students who have been matched with you will be able to see your name, photo and any information you have added to your Profile. If you connect your READY2TEACH account to Facebook (such as by signing up through Facebook), we may show your mutual friends with other Schools and students who are also connected via Facebook. During the READY2TEACH Line matching process we may show photos of possible matches to you and other Schools and students.
• API and Integration Partners. If you connect to the READY2TEACH Platform through an integration with a third party service, we may share information about your use of the READY2TEACH Platform with that third party. We may share your information with our third party partners in order to receive additional information about you. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may be of interest to you
• Third Party Services. The READY2TEACH Platform may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we don’t have control over (for example, we may give you the ability to order a food delivery from a restaurant from within the READY2TEACH app). If you use these services, we will provide the third party with information about you to allow them to provide the service to you (for example, we would give the restaurant your name, phone number and address to drop off the food). We can’t speak to the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
• Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the READY2TEACH Platform, including all of the things described in Section 3 above.
• Enterprise Partners. If you participate in an enterprise program and charge a service to your organization’s billing method or credits, we will provide your organization’s account holder with information about your use of the READY2TEACH Platform, including service details such as date, time, charge, and pick up and drop off locations. If you create a Business Profile, at the end of each service you will have the option to designate the service as a business service. If you do so, and your organization has a corporate account with READY2TEACH, we may share information about your use of READY2TEACH Platform with your organization including service details such as date, time, charge, and region of the trip. If you change organizations, it is your responsibility to update your Business Profile with the new information. (Please remember to check and set your designation settings accordingly.) If you integrate your account with an expense platform (like Concur) we will share the service details to your expense account.
• International Partners. We’ve partnered with several service-sharing services around the globe so Schools and students can continue to find services when they open the READY2TEACH app abroad, and Teachers and tutors can provide services to international travelers in the U.S. When we match a service with the partner, we share the same information that is shared between matched Users on the READY2TEACH Platform. In some cases we are unable to mask your phone number if you call an international driver, so please keep that in mind before using this feature.
• Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the READY2TEACH community, READY2TEACH, or the public (you can read more about this in our Law Enforcement Request policy);
To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
If you signed up for a promotion with another User’s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
With our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;
To provide information about the use of the READY2TEACH Platform to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
• Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account use of the READY2TEACH Platform.
• Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages by texting the word END to 46080 from the mobile device receiving the messages. You may also opt out of receiving all texts from READY2TEACH (including transactional or relational messages) by texting the word STOPALL to 46080 from the mobile device receiving the messages, however, opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the READY2TEACH Platform. Teachers and tutors can also opt out of driver-specific messages by texting STOP in response to a driver SMS. To re-enable texts you can text START in response to an unsubscribe confirmation SMS.
• Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the READY2TEACH Platform (such as receiving a notification that your service has arrived).
• Profile Information. While your name will always be shared with Teachers and tutors and fellow READY2TEACH Schools and students, you can delete any additional information that you added to your Profile at any time if you don’t want Teachers and tutors and READY2TEACH Schools and students to see it. Schools and students will always be able to see Teachers and tutors’ names, rating, profile photos, and certificate or licensure information.
• Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device’s operating system settings, Servicer and Teacher location is core to the READY2TEACH Platform and without it we can’t provide our services to you.
• Facebook Friends. You can control whether to enable or disable the Facebook mutual friends feature through your profile settings.
• Data Security. We are committed to protecting the data of the READY2TEACH community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
• Children’s Privacy. READY2TEACH is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at our Help Center.